Our Commitment to You Regarding Your Privacy
Consolidated Security Limited provides Security Systems and Alarms, and other electronic and physical security of your premisses and your equipment trading as Consolidated Security (Company Number 03772229). Our registered office is at Consolidated Security Ltd, 12 Glebe Avenue, Enfield, EN2 8NY.
We are SSAIB-certified installers. SSAIB is a leading certification body for organisations providing security systems and services, fire detection and alarm systems, telecare systems and services, manned services, approved contractors scheme and monitoring services.
We understand the importance of protecting your data, therefore we care about your privacy.
You, as a customer, have the right to know how we collect and use your personal information. Consolidated Security values your trust and respects your privacy – and is committed to protecting them.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy - together with the SSAIB Rules and any other documents referred to on it - sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Consolidated Security is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required - under data protection legislation - to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to all homeowners or business who have had a security system installed or any other services rendered by Consolidated Security.
How does Consolidated Security gather and use customer information?
When obtaining technical support, download software or respond to our promotional campaigns we may gather certain personal information from you to respond to your request. When you place an order for one of our services, no financial information is retained by Consolidated Security.
In addition, we may use aggregate information to improve our website, but that information is never personally identifiable.
Consolidated Security does not intend to collect information from children who are under the age of 18 in the European Union and Asia Pacific, or under the age of 13 in the United States and Latin America. If you do not meet these age limits, you should not provide information on this site and should ask your parent or guardian to do so for you. When entering a contest, only your email address is gathered and only used for marketing purposes with your consent.
What information do we collect?
To effectively monitor the activities of installers - and to provide appropriate safeguards to homeowners - it is obligatory for your installer to provide you with a Certificate of Conformity (“certificate”) once they have installed your security system.
Your installer will pass on the certificate to SSAIB and the certificate includes details of your name and address. We hold this information to enable us to comply with statutory obligations and to pursue our legitimate interests for the purposes set out in the section below.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
• Reissue lost certificates;
• Comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
• Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to your installation.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Will Consolidated Security share my information with other companies or people?
Consolidated Security will not sell, rent, trade, or lease your personal information for marketing purposes. Regarding third parties, we will only share information with third-party who provide services for our business operation. These agents must comply with our privacy policies and cannot use your personal data for any other purpose. Apart from this, we disclose personal information only in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to: comply with legal process; respond to any claims; or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Consolidated Security, our customers, or the public.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
• We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
• Our business enters a joint venture with - or is sold to or merged with - another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data - and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means - and the applicable legal requirements.
How secure is the personal information I provide Consolidated Security?
Consolidated Security uses the world’s most secure payment processing merchants, when processing a payment for some of our services.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where we store your personal data
We store all your personal details on a secure server, within the European Economic Area.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board, trading as SSAIB (Company Number 02508504.) Our data protection registration number is Z7977972.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the SSAIB on 0191 296 3242.
How can I contact Consolidated Security if I have any further questions?
Consolidated Security Ltd
72 Colombo Road
Telephone: +44 (0) 208 554 0787
Fax: +44 (0) 208 518 0605